GED Math/Science Non-Credit Part Time Instructor (Needles Center)
Palo Verde College is a publicly supported 2-year college located in the beautiful Southeastern California desert. Yearly enrollment is approximately 7,000 students (full and part-time).
NATURE OF THE POSITION
The instructor will teach classes within the approved discipline(s). In addition, the instructor shall be responsible for maintaining and updating curriculum relevant to the assigned instructional area. This position could involve assignments during day, evening weekends, and high-quality correspondence education modality. Training will be provided.
- Examples of Duties
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides instruction in all areas of the approved discipline.
- Prepares, evaluates, and revises courses and course materials.
- Maintain organized sets of course and student records.
- Enforce the rules and regulations of the college.
- Utilize approved textbooks and following the course objectives, course content, and evaluation standards as listed in the course outline.
- Maintain the scheduled days and class hours as listed in the class schedule.
- Maintain accurate grade and census records for each student on the class record sheets provided and submit them to the record office, as an official record, by the deadline established for these records by the Registrar.
- Give final exams in each class according to the official schedule of days, times, and locations unless permission has been received from the Vice President of Instructional and Student Services.
- Notify the Instructional Services Department promptly whenever regularly assigned duties cannot be performed.
- Attend part-time faculty meetings, when requested to do so. (Part-Time faculty are welcome to all regular faculty meetings, check contract for compensation requirement.)
- Return all keys at the end of each semester to the Administrative Services Department.
- Keep current in one’s academic field(s).
- Work collegially with full-time faculty and staff.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Speak so others will be able to clearly understand normal in person conversations.
- See for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies, and other printed matter.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Educational/Experience Qualifications
- Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications required for the discipline consisting of: Bachelors degree in any social science, humanities, mathematics, or natural science discipline or in liberal studies, as appropriate for the course.
*Please mention you saw this ad on MathematicalJobs.*
Mathematician Jobs in Popular Cities