Tutor II - Math
Position TitleTutor II - Math
Internal Position TitleTutor II - Science
DepartmentTutoring Center, GLC
Position TypePart-Time Flex
Job FamilyPart-Time Flex
The Tutor II is an active participant in the CLC Tutoring Center, coaching students in selected math, physics, engineering and/or MCS courses as well as in study and technology skills as needed. The Tutor II participates in staff development opportunities, contributes to center projects and helps promote the center within the CLC community.
- Associateís degree OR junior year standing at a four-year college.
- Minimum of two (2) semesters as a Tutor I and recommendation of the Tutoring Center Coordinator or Manager.
- Ability to tutor in multiple modalities (face-to-face and online).
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
Expected Start Date06/05/2023
Total Hours per week4 to 19
Software Testing RequiredNone
Interview Process RequirementsNone
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities.
Summary of Essential Functions
- Tutor CLC students in math, physics, engineering, MCS and/or other subjects as needed in multiple modalities (face to face and online).
- Tutor students in study skills and technology (Word, Google, Canvas) as needed.
- Mentor less experienced tutors.
- Present class orientations describing center services.
- Participate in staff development opportunities and in the tutor evaluation process.
- Contribute to center projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Please mention you saw this ad on MathematicalJobs.*
Mathematician Jobs in Popular Cities