Student Employee - Peer Tutor Math
Job TitleStudent Employee - Peer Tutor Math
Employee TypePart Time
Hours will be determined upon the need of the department and the student employee’s class schedule.
Work Week0-20 Hours
This student employment position is within our Sage Learning Center department. Student Employment at MCC requires the following:
- Background Check
- Completion of New Employee Training
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for Fall/Spring semester
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above – if this is your first semester at MCC, the GPA requirement is waived
- If you qualify for Federal Work Study, you will be hired as a Federal Work Study employee to utilize these funds
Provides assistance in the Sage Learning Center.
Reports toCoordinator of Sage Learning Center
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Tutor students using nondirective and student-led strategies.
- Provide students with resources, study strategies and skills to encourage independent learning.
- Serve as a social and academic role model to students.
Required EducationHigh School graduate or equivalent
Other Required Qualifications
- At least one semester’s worth of college-level coursework.
- An A or B in courses applicable to tutoring subjects.
- Ability to understand ad work with students from diverse backgrounds and having diverse skills and abilities.
- Flexibility and ability to work in one-on-one and group tutoring situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to adapt to different learning styles.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent English communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to sit, walk and stand up to 4 hours
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to use office equipment (fax, copier, etc)
*Please mention you saw this ad on MathematicalJobs.*
Mathematician Jobs in Popular Cities