Director of Programs
Full Job Description
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION BUT CANDIDATE MUST LIVE IN GEORGIA, PRIMARILY IN THE ATLANTA OR SOUTHWEST GEORGA REGION TO VISIT SCHOOL SITES, ATTEND OUTREACH EVENTS AND ATTEND REGIONAL MEETINGS.
The Director of Programs will lead the implementation of Ampact Programs, ensuring all stakeholders have an exceptional experience and the program is making an impact on program participants. This position will be responsible for providing on-the-ground leadership for program implementation and working collaboratively with the Executive Director to launch programs in new regions and in new communities. This position will supervise additional program staff as allocated. This position will observe the confidentiality of all member, program, and organizational information.
- Program Leadership and Management: Under the direction of the Director of National Replication, Director of Emerging Programs, and Executive Director, provide leadership and direction to the overall program, establishing an annual timeline of key activities essential for effective program implementation and leading the team to meet all the milestones set forth on the timeline. Collaborate with key positions in the national office to establish local procedures that lead to strong site partnerships, a positive member experience with a high enrollment and retention rate, efficient and effective training structure, and strong fidelity of program implementation for strong student outcomes. The Director of Programs will ensure their region is able to recruit and retain high performing staff and members. Supervise and develop regional program staff.
- Site Partnership Development: Maintain partnerships and relationships with site partners that lead to shared vision of improving outcomes for program participants. Establish relationships with new potential partners,and present information about the program to key stakeholders. Under the direction of the Director of Partnerships, ensure aligned site agreements are signed and site partners have the resources and understanding to effectively support AmeriCorps members and implement Ampact programs. Oversee the contracting process. Be present in the community and develop community partnerships that support the overarching goals of the initiative.
- New Community Advancement: Work in collaboration with the Executive Director to prepare for implementing Ampact Programming in new communities. Present information about the program to key stakeholders, solicit understanding and buy-in to the program models, and lead the efforts to prepare for implementation. Act as a brand ambassador to build name recognition and community connections to Ampact programs and staff.
- Grant Management and Reporting: Meet expectations of all grants and contracts that provide funding for the program. Write and submit progress reports. Work within specific timeline and across functional areas to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required)
- Minimum 5 years program management and program implementation experience, preferably in a non-profit, AmeriCorps program, or education program. Strong preference for management experience in a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating partnerships and working in a collaborative environment.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, solve problems, mediate conflict, and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, characterized by the ability to gain respect, delegate tasks, manage workloads, and positively influence others.
- Ability to structure tasks, establish priorities and set and manage employee performance.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Demonstrated professional communication skills characterized by active listening, respectful two-way communication, and timely and results-oriented communication. Public speaking experience preferred.
- Proven ability to adapt to change and innovate through a solution-oriented perspective.
- Strong sense of responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Committed to supporting all members and service recipients enrolled in our programs.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Commitment to develop equity skills and cultural competence of self and others.
- Proven success navigating situations that require high emotional intelligence, with an emphasis on self-awareness.
- Proficiency with MS Office and Excel. Previous database experience preferred. Ability to utilize video conferencing effectively.
- Must have the ability to travel by automobile 15 percent of the time to locations and/or meetings throughout the region.
- Initiative – The individual must be a self-starter who has the ability to take initiative to achieve goals.
- Emotional Intelligence – Individual must be self-aware, have strong interpersonal skills, is adaptable, and able to collaborate with all levels of members and site employees.
- Solution Orientation – Must have an ability to solve problems from a solution-oriented perspective. Will need to creatively address and solve problems to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Results Orientation – Has sound planning skills, knows how to execute against respective action plans, and regularly meets or exceeds target in a timely and cost-effective manner. Has ability to drive results through others.
- Justice Orientation – The individual should have a strong belief in service as a strategy to solve our nation’s most pressing social issues. Additionally, has a strong desire to be part of a growing, mission-driven organization that is committed to making an impact.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
- Travel locally and statewide as needed to attend meetings
- Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the organization
- Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
- Transporting of moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds
*Please mention you saw this ad on MathematicalJobs.*
Mathematician Jobs in Popular Cities