Mathematics Instructor (Part-time Faculty Pool) Fresno City College
TitleMathematics Instructor (Part-time Faculty Pool) Fresno City College
Campus LocationFresno City College
Essential Functions of Position
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching the full complement of the courses in mathematics;
- Assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; and
- Communicating effectively with students and staff.
- Teaching assignments may include a variety of instructional settings and times, including evenings and weekends.
- Master’s in mathematics or applied mathematics; OR
- Bachelor’s in either of the above and a masters in statistics, physics or mathematics education; OR
- A valid California Community College Credential; OR
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Classroom teaching experience at the secondary or post-secondary level;
- Ability and desire to teach the breadth of the department’s course offerings;
- Experience with educational technology (computer, interactive video, slides, etc.);
- Experience working with students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds; and
- Interest or experience in diverse methods of teaching mathematics.
Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture and $38.67 – $52.55 for lab Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Open Until FilledNo
*Please mention you saw this ad on MathematicalJobs.*
Mathematician Jobs in Popular Cities