FACULTY OF NATURAL AND AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND APPLIED MATHEMATICS
LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER (FOUR POSITIONS)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the above vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Lecture at undergraduate and postgraduate level on the Hatfield, Groenkloof and/or Mamelodi Campuses;
- Conduct research in at least one of the departmental research focus areas that leads to publication in reputable peer-reviewed journals;
- Supervise postgraduate students;
- Participate in departmental administration;
- Participate in community engagement
PhD degree in Mathematics and/or Applied Mathematics; Teaching experience in a tertiary environment. Senior Lecturer (same as for Lecturer, PLUS):
Substantial teaching experience at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels;
- Potential to be established as an independent researcher in the near future based on a recent body of work.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Research experience based on a recent body of work beyond the PhD thesis;
- Substantial teaching experience in a tertiary environment.
- Evidence of excellence in teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels;
- Experience in the supervision of postgraduate students;
- Established as an independent researcher based on a recent body of work.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for these posts, please attach:
- A comprehensive UP format CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of three peer reviewers (academic and research);
- Teaching Portfolio;
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Mrs E Kühn, email@example.com for application-related enquiries, and Prof MK Banda, firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to the post content.
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2022, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
By applying for this vacancy, the candidates consent to undergo verification of personal credentials and related information including, but not limited to, qualifications, criminal record, credit record, current and historic disciplinary proceedings as part of the selection process.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.